Yep, if you have yet to update your phone you’ll find that a new update is avaliable for your iPhone, simply plug your iPhone into your PC or Mac and you should be prompted to download the new update, if you are not simply click the “Update” button to tell iTunes to check for an update, this update includes Google Street vew as well as many other goodies:
- Free Update to all iPhone and iPod Touch Users.
- Enhancements to Maps (For the iPhone; the iPod Maps app is unchanged from the previous version.):
- Google Street View
- public transit and walking directions
- display address of dropped pins
- share location via email
- cache of recent locations
- Enhancements to Mail
- resolve isolated issues with scheduled fetching of email
- improved formatting of wide HTML email
- App Store changes
- The ‘Categories’ section has been altered to display icons instead of a list.
- Individual applications pages now have ‘Tell A Friend’ and ‘Report A Problem’ buttons.
- Option added to rate an application that is about to be deleted.
- Improved touch response when purchasing or downloading an application.
- Safari Enhancements
- Other Enhancements
- Podcasts are now available for download in the iTunes application (over Wi-Fi and cellular networks)
- Decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
- Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
- Improved performance overall, especially noticeable in Notes and Camera applications.
- Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes you the first Home screen
- Preference to turn on/off keyboard auto-correction
- New languages are supported.
- Line-in audio has been enabled through the headphone Jack.
- Emoji for Softbank users in Japan.
Like this post? Tip with bitcoin!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider tipping me using Bitcoin. Each post gets its own unique Bitcoin address so by tipping you're not only making my continued efforts possible but telling me what you liked.